Friday, March 3, 2017


An evening in a South Bombay wedding lawn. Yaar, South Bombay is an amazing place, isn’t it? Wish I had a flat here. Do they have east-west system here? Me (very amused!): in my opinion, having a house of your own in any part of Bombay is a true blessing and an achievement. He: Yes, but then there’s something special about this part of town. What an amazing lifestyle people must be leading here! Me: I feel, Home is where a loving family is, and peace of mind supersedes everything else. He (still regretful): Can’t even think of buying a flat in South Bombay. XXXX stays in South Bombay. His wife is also from this side of town. Both families are highly educated at Cornell, Oxford, Australia, etc. I love the arrangements and lights. They seem to have spent a lot on this wedding. Exchanged tons of dowry, too, I hear. Me: Really? He (with a look as though he sponsored it all!): Yes! Me: what a waste of education. He (baffled): why? Me: just saying; let’s try Tikka? He: Chicken Tikka? Me: Nah, I am a very boring homely teetotaler vegetarian. Paneer Tikka? He: You me says what? Ooh, you’re such boring company? Me: the evening’s just begun, try me! Haha! #YehMeraGharWohUskaGhar

No comments:

Post a Comment