Friday, February 24, 2017

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Like every year, I decided to eat fast food this year and visit your reception at a nearby temple to be a part of the celebrations. I stood in the free queue for hours, sweated, waited, unabated, unadulterated and highly under-rated. Finally, I got to see you, albeit for a billionth fraction of a zillionth second before being shoved away, since an esteemed guest was slated to visit your sanctum, and the authorities presumed that I, along with other commoners, posed a threat to him and everyone else in his battalion. It seems he came for an elaborate ritual, charging us at actual and presenting his credentials to you that were more fictional than factual. By the bye, Nandi the bull looked special: rested, unharmed and safe right in front of your “Trinetra”. Of course, Nandi the bull wasn’t born in Tamil Nadu in the 21st century might be a reason. O Lord, this year, please grant me the wisdom to eat only my own share of daily bread, please ensure that everyone is nutritiously fed, big mosquitoes don’t hover on my queen bed, poverty is dead and the post-election BMC doesn’t go in the red! #ShaadiMubarakHoBhagwan

No comments:

Post a Comment