Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The generation gap between my mother and me is 40 kgs; I am 80 kg, while she is 40. When I was a kid, she thought I never wanted to go to school on Monday mornings. Now, she thinks I don’t want to go to office from Monday-Thursday. Fridays are casual. On both occasions, she has been presumably right. When I was a kid, she thought I was sitting with a book with my mind focused elsewhere; now, she thinks I am sitting with my laptop with my mind focused nowhere. On both occasions, her guesses have been right. However, it’s time she understood that I am closing in on 40, years - not kgs - and needs to give me MY space, MY time, MY world. She needs to grow up, bridge the gap, get a life and prep one Facebook profile to witness how virtual love has taken the world by storm! Can’t she just let go?! Or maybe, it’s good that she doesn’t let go?! After all, when the tides are against, and the whole world’s real virtual, only a Mother can, all that another can’t! #MaaMeriSchwarzenegger

No comments:

Post a Comment