Friday, January 20, 2017

Neighbour 1: watched the Trump inauguration, last night? Kya solid tha na? I mean, so much security and secret service? Neighbour 2: Yes, reminded me of my stint in Washington. I stayed at the Trump Hotel. Me (silent). Neighbour 1: You stayed at the Trump Hotel near the White House, the one we saw on TV last night? Neighbour 2 (gleaming with pride): of course! Neighbour 1: woohoo! I think Trump will make a great President. He is so dynamic, a businessman and a leader like our Prime Minister. Neighbour 2: That he is. I know him through a few friends of mine. Me (silent). Neighbour 1 (his 3-BHK pride shattered): Really? That’s awesome! I complete endorse and support his Presidency. Neighbour 2: I do, too. Me (silent). Neighbour 1: Sagar, why are you so quiet? Whom do you support? Me (gathering myself from a make-believe conversation): I support my family. Neighbour 1 and 2 bid goodbye; only to each other. #IndiannessPersonified

No comments:

Post a Comment