Monday, November 7, 2016

My India scripts a new story each time. The Himalayas in the North, a Bay in the East, the Sea in the West, and an Ocean deep-rooted in History and culture, in the South; Hanuman’s plunge of the Indian Ocean enroute to Lanka, and the arduous labour of “ram-setu”, remember? My India is Nature’s bounty. It’s plain and mysterious. It has been Home of legends, emperors, mighty warriors, pious princesses, leaders, revolutionaries, saints, intellectuals and administrators. India is a place I call Home. A Home I can’t live without. A Home that gave me family: a doting mother and a staunch supportive group of girlfriends in my sisters whom I date each day, our age differences, notwithstanding. I am thankful. I am glad. I was born here. Here. In my country. I call it India.

No comments:

Post a Comment