Saturday, July 29, 2017

In addition to cooking up stories every day, I also cook food on Sundays. Rarely, though. In recent times, and on those rare occasions that I have opened the fridge, I have been seeing one lone tomato, about 23 days old, among a modest group of other vegetables. The lone tomato has been retained to remind me that once upon a time I ate tomatoes, and it also gives me hope that one day I will eat tomatoes. Because there’s a group of intellects and economists from Harvard and Oxford running the Indian economy, a demonetized and GST-governed economy growing at about 7 percent per annum. Right now, the more important agendas of the welfare state include poaching of MLAs, Bihar and Mann Ki Baat. Surprising how people can fill their stomach just listening to exceptional oratory skills, huh?! On a side note, if tomatoes and veggies are beyond the common man’s reach when the growth rate is 7 percent per annum, what will happen when India grows at 9 percent per annum?! Hey Bhagwan, jaan loge kya? #AbKiBaarMehengaiKiMaar #MannKiBaatInflationKiLaat

No comments:

Post a Comment