Saturday, September 17, 2016

“Sir, I have been in the hotel industry for 31 years. I worked abroad for 11 years when I missed my country and came back. It is painful to see food going waste in an impoverished country like ours. While we make money, someone somewhere is going hungry, while leftover on the hotel tables is being cleared. Sir, did you know, the amount of food wasted in India annually is sufficient to feed Egypt for a year? We can’t utter a word, since we’re in the service industry, Sir. I come from a very humble background, and hence I know the value of food. Even educated people waste food, and this practice is widely prevalent across categories of hotels”. Now, whosoever said that formal education can buy class, didn’t know where to go schooling…haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment