Thursday, July 28, 2016

I am nearing 40, yet, Mom narrates bedtime fairy tales to me. Of times, when monsoon in Bombay arrived on 10 June every year, and one season did not interfere with another. Of times, when tomatoes and veggies were ripe and affordable, and when many uneducated and illiterate couples celebrated life with commitment, what if both were shy and minus compliment! When social media was unheard of, and public displays and declarations (sounds familiar!) of love were solely a domain o...f the movie industry, even as real-life marriages celebrated jubilees. When expressions of love were too precious and private with a sparkle of shyness, and marriage anniversaries were greeted in-person, minus LOUD public announcements of thanking one another for having "tolerated each other"! Whatever. Circa 2016-17, I still remain at the deceiving end when it comes to status updates about check-in to Taj, Oberoi, Hilton, Hyatt, Airport lounges, etc; anyway, that I can help? In any case, I, too, will check-in tomorrow: at the GB Road bus stop. And Thane railway station, thereafter. Good night, Mom. I Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment