Monday, April 4, 2016


It’s been more than 25 years since the last period at school, but then I still seem to be learning, St Theresa’s. I am learning that it takes much more than formal education to stop and wait patiently at a traffic signal when none’s looking; that honking hard, accelerating harder and (empty) show of bhp shows the “true class” of the driver irrespective of the premium brand they drive. I am learning that being modern isn’t about expensive phones/brands, foreign holidays, palat...ial residences, premium cars, etc, nor about going on a drinking binge, partying late nights and/or smoking relentlessly to lung’s discontent. I am learning that University degrees don’t define CHARACTER, and that PhD, MBA etc are mere higher degrees in LITERACY, not EDUCATION. I have experienced that words speak louder than action, especially in a company townhall and during performance appraisals. I am learning that fair isn’t always lovely and that true love is devoid of display and repeated declaration on social networking sites. I agree with Corleone and his wisdom of “a man who does not spend time with his family, can never be a real man”. Oh wait, I realize that there’s so much homework left to be done. And I thought, I had graduated St Theresa’s. Period?

No comments:

Post a Comment