Tuesday, April 12, 2016


I will be going to the temple this Friday to wish Happy Birthday to the almighty, Lord Ram. I won't push anyone, nor will I make the pretty woman standing ahead the cynosure of my (prying) eyes. I won't jump queues, nor indulge in calculations, complaints and conjectures about “that” fellow devotee who was standing 50 steps behind in the queue until a minute back, yet managed to move ahead 100 steps. I won't question the Lord about the queue: why did it start, where was I when it started, when will it end, how will it end and whether it will ever end? I will keep myself hydrated by sipping Bisleri paani, cutting chai and Parle-G biskut while in queue; let's see if they store Patanjali. Now, all categories of queue still remain beyond my comprehension. So, there are free queues that appear to be a straight line, and then there are paid queues that are long and serpentine, while VVIP queues are eternally quarantine. I wonder if Ram differentiates and divides his people in categories? And then, who is God in His abode; Him or the VVIP? Anyway, Ram, will I be Bharat Ratna? Padma Shri? Sri Sri? Tridev? Ramdev? Padma Bhushan? Vibhishan? Yes? No? Q?

No comments:

Post a Comment