Friday, March 4, 2016

I endorse and support Make in India. In fact, I am willing to go a step-ahead to express solidarity by changing my profile picture depicting the silhouette of a lion. Though, somehow, I am unable to bring myself to like and endorse all that’s Made in India. For instance, I still prefer Eau de parfum from rues de Paris, watches and footwear from Milan, pens that Mont Blanc, shirts, trousers and blazers from England and cars from Germany with an Indian chauffeur. All else can b...e VIP; not Jockeying. My skin texture is “complex”, and hence I go all out to make it Fair and Handsome. It gives me a sense of achievement when an Indian movie is selected for Oscars to be adjudged by an American jury, who might know so little or nothing about world cinema. I attempt to speak British English with American accent. And, while in South Bombay, I feign ignorance about not having heard of any place from Borivali to Virar. I love my country, yet I want to leave my country, immigrate to a foreign land and support my country from outside. Even as my dreams turn to reality, I am listening and watching Kanhaiya’s, RaGa Modi, where they run in circles. But then wait, there’s Doctored Irani, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment