Thursday, February 25, 2016

I am looking for a job. Sir, since speeches supersede merit and credentials, I, too, wish to forward my application for the post of Minister of Human Resource Destruction (HRD). I have a lot to showcase. To start with, "I had a dream": I was on the Yale campus at Goregaon, opposite Balaji Telefilms studio at Aarey Road, sipping cutting chai with Ekta, after we bunked class. You see, it all starts with a dream. Another credential: I was an avid viewer of, "Alas, kabhi toh clas...s mein tu thi", that ruled Star TV when Peter Mukerjea was its honcho, and Indrani was dating Khanna. By the way, Zubin-Zubin from 3 Idiots is my favorite track; what an amazing number, no? I am counting on it. Now, since there's not much to do post taking charge at the Ministry, I will ask all HODs, Professors and housekeeping staff to do a daily march past around the flags that my predecessor ordered to be hoisted. And finally, atleast my speech will earn me accolades when it starts with a bang, "Yes, my Smriti has returned. Tell me my class, er..caste!" Sir?

No comments:

Post a Comment