Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Last week, with utter disregard to patriotic fervor, I went out to eat *Chinese* food with my Mother. I checked out Modu-JEE on the hotel TV where he was taking shots at Ravan with a broken bow. I checked the menu rates and decided to have a hearty meal: one Fried Rice and one Manchurian gravy. The bill for the hearty meal was 225-rupees. However, the bill also had a compulsory complimentary 18% GST. Let me confess, after paying the bill + GST, I left a tip with such a heavy heart that the hearty meal in my stomach digested instantly. I came Home, ate again and sat down to book a train ticket for an upcoming trip. And guess what, there was base fare, GST, dynamic pricing and digital transaction charges. I booked the ticket reluctantly, picked up the newspaper, ignored news featuring Elphinstone Road and political party funding, and turned the page to find an ad for a 2-BHK flat in Thane starting at 1.8-crore, after GST benefits and post-demonetization. I kept everything aside and picked up a Sherlock Holmes novel. Theme of the novel: can it be such a coincidence that Baba Ram Rahim’s Honeypreet gets arrested in India on the same day as Vijay Mallya receives bail in London? #ItnaTaxKaiseKaroRelax #MallyaKiVijay #WhatCameFirstBailOrJail

No comments:

Post a Comment