Monday, December 5, 2016

Prime Minister Sahab, I am a patriot. While I don’t have the valour to guard my country’s borders, I also don’t have an urge nor inclination to cross them to earn dollars, bask in cleanliness and/or observe traffic discipline in an alien country that foreigners call Home! This decision is purely personal and hasn’t got to do with merit, qualification and/or expertise in my area of work; it’s just that I love my country, my family, people, festivals, food and fervor. I was born here. Nurtured. Cared. Loved. Disciplined. Educated. Here. I am a vegetarian and a teetotaler, an avid biker, a mountaineer and football fanatic, thanks to the country that gifted me Mom, Dad, friends, Himalayas, school grounds and a racing 2-wheeler that's definitely male! I remain hopeful, Sir; whether it’s you, or someone else. Hence, I pay my taxes on time, and put up with potholes and rampant corruption, bureaucracy and lackadaisical attitude of those who are supposed to govern and serve, yet fail to discharge their duties. I am hopeful. Sir. I don’t lip-sync nor believe in supporting my motherland from outside by remitting a lot of money. I wish to be a part of the incomplete, raw, rustic, enthused, amused and confused journey called India. Don’t let me down; after all, when there’s so much to look up and be thankful for. Sir?

No comments:

Post a Comment