Monday, December 26, 2016


Ever tried meeting an acquaintance under/near a statue? I never did. It takes me a little over 3 hours from Thane to reach Gandhiji’s statue in Juhu, the most famous statue in Bombay at the moment. Of course, Gandhiji will soon have competition in the Arabian Sea in Bandra. The new incumbent is bigger, expansive and expensive at 3600-crore-rupees, until further cost revision. However, since it will take me about 5 hours to reach Bandra despite using multiple modes of transport, I shall continue meeting my acquaintances “under the indicator”, since trains also run in the statue mode. That said, I wonder if 3600-crores could be used to renovate the brave warrior’s forts and legacy, both of which are in complete ruins in a debt-ridden State he couldn't have imagined? Or perhaps on more pressing initiatives like education, inferior-structure, health, sanitation, farmers, etc? Anyway, whoever decided on banning notes also announced the statue-in-the-sea, and has data to back all his decisions. And, I don’t understand data. Given my cattle-class background, zoologically speaking, data and mathematricks to me have always been arithmetical equivalent of an all-zebra; now, whatever that is.#ChalKheleinStatueStatue

No comments:

Post a Comment