Wednesday, December 28, 2016

One morning, when she sat next to me, my heart started engaging. The sun was blazing, I turned on the ignition, hit the highway and the car was racing. At 150 kph she looked mighty impressed with my driving skill and pure thrill, and ignoring the rupee-v/s-dollar price of diesel, the entire experience seemed amazing. But then wait, as I was about to ask her out for coffee and an evening of stargazing, an SUV honked incessantly and came too close for embracing. What, even at 1...50 kph it was embarrassing, that an SUV that was so long tailgating, whizzed past as though I was nothing and he was everything. She pretended not having seen anything; kya yaar, saw must have seen something? The SUV-wala had a number plate in Devnagari, black-tint windows and a saffron flag to complete the package, and he looked like a Cobra King ready to sting. He never stopped to pay toll as though he was God who owned the road, while others were there merely to seek his blessing. Just then, she asked me if 50 days were over. I nodded in agreement and wondered how, even now, the servants of the public own the road, behave like a mighty toad, rise to fame, engage in blame-game, and treat their tax-payer masters so lame. Anyway, SUV or no SUV, I remain eternally hopeful for an evening of coffee and stargazing! Haha! #Blackwhitehua #Hangmeafter50days

No comments:

Post a Comment