Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Not one to undermine the gruesome attacks in Paris, I wonder if I will/ever have expressed the (symbolic!) “solidarity” by changing my profile photo with a backdrop of the Indian tricolor, in view of countless patriot jawans giving up their lives in the service of the nation, DAILY, while battling terror that lurks "baaju mein". Did I express my solidarity with farmers of Vidarbha and elsewhere in India, whose daily toil brings food on my table? No. Do I ever stand up to help and express my solidarity with someone dying on the road (Nirbhaya, remember?) No, since “I’ve got a train to catch” and “need to avoid policing trouble”. Even today, there are millions of children and women slaughtered in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan, including those killed “inadvertently” through bombing of hospitals and schools by a World Power, that's also responsible for the chaos in the Middle East, as well as doling out gazillions in cash and arms to our cricket-playing-terror-breeding-neighbor who uses these funds to fund terror attacks on the Indian soil. Solidarity. So, will I give up the Great American Dream as a MARK of solidarity? No. No? Kya yaar, Solidarity mein bhi Disparity.

No comments:

Post a Comment