Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Aamir Khan, I support you. As a devoted son to a 70-year old mother, who has entered the 2nd childhood in her life, I fear for her safety, while I am away at work. As a doting “Mama” to two adorable kids back Home – my nephew and niece – I fear for their safety and well-being, even when they’re at school. As an ardent devotee of “Maryada Purshottam” Ram, I fear when His name is evoked to stoke communal disharmony. I fear when the convict juvenile in Nirbhaya case nears his release date. I fear of a back lash if I don’t speak and understand the language of a “Rashtra”. I fear if my salary will be able to match the rising prices of essential commodities 3 months later. The fear repeats; every 5 years, irrespective of the party in power. As for those in power and all those who support, I’d like to extend an invite to all of them and their kin, minus the massive security cordon, “Bas kuch din toh guzaar kar dekho tum raat mein”!

No comments:

Post a Comment