Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Dear I-T department, thank you for reminding me that my tax returns are due. And, my dear bank (not PNB), thank you for constantly reminding me that my Aadhar card needs to be linked to my savings account. Really, super-efficient! But then, dear both, please be informed that I am not a businessman, diamond merchant nor a Merchant of Menace. My monthly travel budget only permits me to travel from Thane to Andheri using a local train and a Metro pass. I use autorickshaws and cabs with great discretion. On a quarterly basis, I go out for a Saturday-Sunday outing to Shirdi, stand in serpentine queues and renew my sanity pact with God. In my personal opinion, God is the only savior of this country. He can fly, too. While I have a passport, I have no funds nor intent to fly out of India at any point in time. Yes, I own a car, but owing to massive prices of diesel it can hardly ply, let alone fly! I don't own a private jet resembling any bird nor Kingfisher. Of course, someday, if I do fly economy class on business, I will always return; the foreign authorities won't let me stay in their country because I am not a Mallya nor a Modi - Lalit, Nirav or Narendra. I don't own forex, pay my EMIs on time and I don't have any connections with any business family. Of course, you do know I am an honest man, right? Toh phir bas, bajaate raho! #SachBoloTohJhoothNahin #CommonManUncommonPlan #HeyBhagwaanAaogeKya #AurKyaOptionHaiBolo

No comments:

Post a Comment