Thursday, February 25, 2016


Tum Jaante Nahin Main Kaun Hoon? Of course, I don’t blame you for this. After all, I don’t drive the Landscruiser; hence, I am not some man Khan. I am a graduate; hence, I am not Irani. I am not an orator; hence, I am not Modi. I don’t make Vadras in thin air; hence, I am not Gandhi. I don’t hop green, skip red and jump orange; hence, I am not the law. I am not Connery, nor Craig; hence, I am not Bond. I don’t understand nuances of finance beyond monthly household budgets and daily kharcha paani; hence, I am not an FM. I don’t play the Bansuri; hence, I am not Swaraj. Z+ security to me is a malnourished watchman who occasionally retires at our building gate, and on all other occasions dreams of his family staying 2,000 kms away; hence, I am not Bhagwat. I speak Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati with poise and ease, much like the fragrant (!) Arabian sea breeze; hence, I am not Uddhav. By the way, last evening she went Gayle, while the opposition looked pale. Did she go to Yale? No idea, ‘cos in her own Smriti, she left no trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment