Monday, December 28, 2015

I wish to be like them. I wish I could inculcate even a fraction of their energy, values, steadfastness and indomitable willpower. I see them trotting on the road waiting for the light to turn red, a stick in their hand, determined to take them to the other side. They aren't fashion or brand conscious; instead, they're conscious about being good, doing good and sharing good. They're conscious of values and espouse these values to their children. They don't declare their love on social networking sites; its so evident in their eyes and actions, after all! There's an element of shyness in their expression of love for their spouse, devoid of shout and display in the public; yet, they celebrate jubilees of togetherness. They aren't literate with degrees in graduation, management or philosophy, yet they are EDUCATED. Parents. Few of them. All of them. Them. My parents. Our parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment