Sunday, January 27, 2013

O lord, from a few thousand kms away, I came-a-calling one early morning; as the sun was rising, it cast fright on the "trustee" counters' exhorbitant pricing; after much haggle, and seeing me frettle, the cashier finally proposed to "settle" and offered to "help" for all the weight worth your Gold; just when he thought I was sold, I went ahead and bought (only!) a flower; I started to walk away when he said, pay me now and avoid the long hour; I declined his offer and with (fear?!) belief in my heart, I decided to walk towards the queue to see from where it would start; having seen queues of various shapes and sizes with varying "amounts", I reached the point of no return, and went round and around and almost ran amok (with others!) to arrive inside a complex and massive temple compound; the queue was serpentine with believers (?) flocking and blocking in, out, above and under the line (I spared many a glance to see if I had a slim chance?!); O lord, with faith in my heart, I decided to "let go" when someone blurted out from the biggest speakers ever seen, that a VIP had arrived for your "darshan" to pray for his murder-convicted son to come clean; we are all born equal, aren't we (huh?!) - I decided to file a petition against this competition; after two few hours of waiting and gossip, eve-tease, curse, abuse, push-and-shove, all this with occasional chants of your name by those wanting to gain momentary fame, the queue started to move and "groove" towards your "darbar" to gain a second's glance towards your tall Golden frame; after hours of waiting, fretting and sweating, you appeared so majestic, though (only?!) your Silhouette shone midst much grandeur of your diamond-studded throne; as I closed my eyes to pray, I was pushed and shoved away and when I opened my eyes to see, I couldn't find thee; of course, without an iota of clout, you're still always near me; hence, thought to let you know, O lord, how all this happened; one day, a few thousand kms away...!

No comments:

Post a Comment